What's so special about Chip's English Help?
I'm sure you will find this site useful if you are learning conversational English. This site has much to offer the English learner, continue reading to learn all this site has to offer.
- First and very important - I recommend that you update your web browser to the latest version because this site uses the latest HTML5 and CSS3 code. Also, I recommend using this site on a laptop/computer or a tablet because you will have a better learning experience using a mouse on these pages.
- This sight has many mouse-over events - when you move your mouse cursor over a photo or a vocabulary word (with a wavy line under it) you will get a pop-up box with more information or another photo or picture.
- The entire site will be audible, meaning you can listen to the site as well as read it. Simply click on the little speaker icon and you will hear me read the text to you.
- There are more than just lessons, you also get interactive exercises in the lessons, quizzes for every 5 or 6 units, and a final test for each level.
- This site follows the CEFR format. Level A1 follows the CEFR A1 level, Level A2 follows the CEFR level A2, Level B1 follows the CEFR level B1, and Level B2 follows the CEFR level B2. What is the CEFR? It is the Central European Framwork for learning langaugaes. Click here for more information.
- This site is for learning conversational English, it is not for learning grammar. There are thousands of websites available that teach grammar. Remember this: grammar is for writing, not speaking.
- When vocabulary words are repeated I have given them different pictures and photos to help give you a better understanding of the meaning of the words.
Who am I?
I am a US citizen who lives in Colombia, and I love living here. I used to be a computer guy - I worked as a computer tech, a systems administrator, and a computer operator.
I am TEFL certified, TEFL means Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I love teaching English. I love watching people improve from barely speaking a couple sentences to holding a conversation. I know what I am doing is helping people in their jobs and in their personal lives. They tell me stories all the time in our lessons. Teaching English helps people to improve not just the life of the student, but also helps their entire family, not because they are also learning English, but because the students improve their job situations, and that effects their families. Of all the various jobs I have done, this is by far the most personally satisfying job I have ever had.